Global Internet Map
TeleGeography’s Global Internet Map provides a unique view of the international Internet networks that link the globe.
The Internet Map, which is based on data from our Global Internet Geography research, illustrates the key Internet connections that link the countries of the world.
The main projection of the map depicts:
- Countries: colored according to broadband penetration
- International Internet routes: scaled according to bandwidth, colored according to interregional route
- Domestic U.S. Internet routes: scaled according to bandwidth
- Cities: scaled according to bandwidth, colored according to CAGR, top 50 ranked by bandwidth
Charts present regional bandwidth data for Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and Latin America, including:
- Total bandwidth, 2007-2011
- Average traffic utilization and peak traffic utilization, 2007-2011
- Interregional bandwidth as percentage of total bandwidth, 2007-2011
Accompanying infographics provide valuable insight into the following global Internet metrics:
- Total regional bandwidth
- Total Internet bandwidth and growth rate
- Global broadband subscribers and household penetration
- Median GigE and 10 GigE IP transit prices, Q4 2011
The map is printed on Yupo, a high quality synthetic material, and measures 36" x 50" (0.9144 m x 1.27 m). The map is available flat and shipped in a tube (recommended for framing or hanging on a wall) or folded (for more convenient storage and transportation). Heat mounting is not recommended.