The Colocation Database is TeleGeography’s comprehensive online guide to colocation service providers and sites around the world.
Colocation site profiles
The Colocation Database profiles 3,160 colocation sites in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Site profiles contain:
- Address and hyperlink to interactive map depicting street view of site location
- Operator contact details
- Gross and usable floor space
- Megawatt capacity
- Backup generator redundancy
- Power Usage Effectiveness ratios
- Listing of bandwidth providers that offer connectivity to individual sites with links to interactive map depicting where each offers connectivity
- Listing of colocation sites within the same building with links to site profiles
- Listing of Internet Exchanges (IX) within the same building with links to IX profile pages
The Colocation Database incorporates concise analysis of global colocation market trends, based on the results of 1,062 site surveys compiled from retail colocation service providers in 2014 and supplementary research. The market analysis includes the following:
- Comprehensive analysis of major retail operators, focused on geographical presence and capacity growth
- Extensive capacity analysis by metro area, including where capacity levels are most constrained and where retail operators are expanding their presence
- Individual Metro Areas in Focus—a subsection that highlights the network and colocation markets for 10 metro areas around the world
- Discussion of power capacity, measures of power usage efficiency, and regional utility costs
- Discussion of connectivity at colo facilities: carrier presence, Internet Exchanges, cloud computing service presence, and low-latency connectivity for financial trading
Map search interface
TeleGeography’s Colocation Database is navigable via an interactive colocation map. The map depicts more than 3,100 active colocation sites and the buildings in which those sites are located.
The map is searchable by country, metro area, city, building address, colo operator, and bandwidth provider. Selecting a building from the map projection provides its street address and links to profiles for the colocation sites present there.