The Colocation Database is TeleGeography’s comprehensive online guide to colocation service providers, sites, and pricing trends around the world. Capacity data are updated annually, and pricing data are updated twice annually.
Colocation Pricing Workbook
Pricing data cover 32 major metro areas in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. A full list of metros is available as an Excel download (see Download Samples).
Colocation pricing data are delivered in an Excel workbook that converts prices from local currencies into USD. The workbook contains the full retail colocation pricing data set and provides the following pre-defined charting tools and comparisons for easy analysis:
- Comparisons of standard (4 kw) and high-density (10 kw) price per kilowatt for retail colocation cabinets by operator and metro area
- Comparisons of cross-connect connectivity prices (fiber, Ethernet, and copper) by operator and metro area
- Comparisons of cabinet installation rates by operator and metro area
- An interactive Total Cost of Ownership model, which models changes in the combined cost of power, space, connectivity, and cabinet installation by operator and metro area based on user-adjusted parameters
- Data tables presenting comparisons of low, median, average, and high prices by metro area for each of the above components
- Interactive charts that compare price changes over time by individual operator and in summary based on user-adjusted parameters
Colocation Pricing Workbook
Colocation site profiles
The Colocation Database profiles 3,900 colocation sites in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Site profiles contain:
- Address and hyperlink to interactive map depicting street view of site location
- Operator contact details
- Gross and usable floor space
- Megawatt capacity
- Backup generator redundancy
- Power Usage Effectiveness ratios
- Pie chart depicting customer mix (where available)
- Listing of bandwidth providers that offer connectivity to individual sites with links to interactive map depicting where each offers connectivity
- Listing of colocation sites within the same building with links to site profiles
- Listing of Internet Exchanges (IX) within the same building with links to IX profile pages
Capacity analysis in the Colocation Database incorporates concise descriptions of global colocation market trends, based on the results of more than 1,500 site surveys compiled from retail colocation service providers in 2016 and supplementary research. Pricing analysis in the database provides in-depth retail pricing data and expert analysis for 32 major colocation markets around the world. The analysis includes the following:
- Full coverage of pricing trends in key metro areas, including comparisons of price ranges for both baseline and supplementary pricing, comparisons of total monthly colocation costs, and forecasts of near-term price change expectations
- Extensive capacity analysis by metro area, including where capacity levels are most constrained and where retail operators are expanding their presence
- Comprehensive analysis of major retail operators, focused on geographical presence and capacity growth
- Discussion of power capacity, measures of power usage efficiency, and power density
- Discussion of connectivity at colo facilities: carrier presence, Internet Exchanges, cloud computing service presence, and content provider presence
Map search interface
TeleGeography’s Colocation Database is navigable via an interactive colocation map. The map depicts more than 3,900 active colocation sites and the buildings in which those sites are located.
The map is searchable by country, metro area, city, building address, colo operator, and bandwidth provider. Selecting a building from the map projection provides its street address and links to profiles for the colocation sites present there.