TELE completes 4G deployment project

12 Nov 2018

TELE Greenland has completed its 4G deployment project, after upgrading the 2G network in the village of Qeqertaq to 4G. Over a six-month period, the company replaced mobile antennas in 119 locations, working in partnership with Ericsson and AK Montage. TELE Greenland’s 4G network, which is 5G-ready, now covers 92% of the population, thus beating TELE’s original plan to offer 92% 4G population coverage by 2020. The remaining 8% of Greenlanders inhabiting the East Coast and Qaanaaq area will continue to utilise satellite connections. CEO Kristian Reinert Davidse said: ‘Now we are going to optimise the network, and we will look for opportunities for new products for the entire country’s population.’

Greenland,TELE Greenland,

Subscribe



Feedback

Have feedback, corrections, or story ideas? Send them to editors@commsupdate.com.

Browse Past Issues

Filter

Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.

Search

Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.

Advertise

CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:

  • International carriers
  • Wholesale service providers
  • Equipment and software vendors
  • Telecom investors
  • Regulators

Learn more about advertising on CommsUpdate.

Share