Govt not planning to sell remaining stake in Maroc Telecom

28 Mar 2018

The Moroccan government is not planning to sell its remaining 30% stake in Maroc Telecom (IAM), Reuters has reported, citing Finance Minister Mohammed Boussaid. The official said: ‘The government has a 30% stake left … This is not now on the table for selling,’ adding that the state has not yet made any decisions on other potential privatisations. TeleGeography notes that in May 2014 UAE-based Etisalat completed the acquisition of French media group Vivendi’s 53.0% controlling stake in Maroc Telecom’s holding company Societe de Participation dans les Telecommunication (SPT), via its indirect subsidiary Etisalat International North Africa (EINA), for a final consideration of EUR4.138 billion (USD5.7 billion). Etisalat holds 91.3% of EINA’s capital, while the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development owns the remaining 8.7% stake. The Kingdom of Morocco is the second largest shareholder in the Moroccan operator with a 30.0% stake, while 17.0% of the company is publicly floated.

Morocco,Etisalat UAE, Maroc Telecom (IAM),

Subscribe



Feedback

Have feedback, corrections, or story ideas? Send them to editors@commsupdate.com.

Browse Past Issues

Filter

Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.

Search

Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.

Advertise

CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:

  • International carriers
  • Wholesale service providers
  • Equipment and software vendors
  • Telecom investors
  • Regulators

Learn more about advertising on CommsUpdate.

Share