It’s Aliv! Cellco to breathe new life into sector

15 Nov 2016

The Bahamas’ newest mobile provider, NewCo 2015, has unveiled the ‘Aliv’ brand that it will use when it launches services for the public later this month, Tribune 242 writes. The cellco’s commercial launch, which will end the long-standing monopoly of the Bahamas Telecommunications Company (BTC) in the mobile sector, is set to take place on 23 November, the operator having ‘soft-launched’ its services in October. Speaking at the opening of the cellco’s headquarters, NewCo’s VP of sales and marketing, Johnny Ingle said of the company: ‘We are leveraging an extremely dynamic infrastructure. NewCo has built strong operational foundational platforms that enable world-class offerings … [NewCo] is well positioned now to produce a fresh, compelling and enduring brand into the marketplace.’ NewCo is 48.25%-owned by triple-play provider Cable Bahamas Ltd (CBL), which also has management control of the cellco, whilst the remaining 51.75% is owned by the government via HoldingCo, though the state is planning to sell off its shares in the company to Bahamians.

Subscribe



Feedback

Have feedback, corrections, or story ideas? Send them to editors@commsupdate.com.

Browse Past Issues

Filter

Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.

Search

Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.

Advertise

CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:

  • International carriers
  • Wholesale service providers
  • Equipment and software vendors
  • Telecom investors
  • Regulators

Learn more about advertising on CommsUpdate.

Share