Abuja to get wireless internet network

21 Dec 2005

The Nigerian Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) plans to invest NGN670 million (USD5 million) in the deployment of a citywide wireless internet network in Abuja. Suburban Broadband Limited will fund 80% of the cost and roll out the network, which will provide Wi-Fi internet access to the entire city and its suburbs. The remaining 20% will be funded by the Abuja Investment and Property Development Corporation (AIPDC).



Subscribe to CommsUpdate to get the day’s top telecom headlines delivered to your email.

Subscribe to CommsUpdate



Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.


Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.


CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:

  • International carriers
  • Wholesale service providers
  • Equipment and software vendors
  • Telecom investors
  • Regulators

Learn more about advertising on CommsUpdate.