GP predicts four million customers by next year

25 Oct 2004

Bangladesh’s largest mobile operator GrameenPhone (GP) has revealed that it hopes to reach the four million subscriber mark by the beginning of 2005. The operator, which claimed around two million subscribers in August this year, has pledged to invest around USD250 million in its GSM network in a bid to double the figure by next year. It currently controls around 60% of the Bangladeshi mobile market, with the remaining 40% shared among its rivals Telekom Malaysia International Bangladesh (AKTEL), Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Limited (CityCell) and Bangalink (formerly Sheba Telecom).

Bangladesh, GrameenPhone,

Subscribe

Subscribe to CommsUpdate to get the day’s top telecom headlines delivered to your email.

Subscribe to CommsUpdate

Browse

Filter

Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.

Search

Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.

Advertise

CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:

  • International carriers
  • Wholesale service providers
  • Equipment and software vendors
  • Telecom investors
  • Regulators

Learn more about advertising on CommsUpdate.

Share