The Colocation Database is TeleGeography’s comprehensive online guide to colocation service providers and sites around the world.
Colocation site profiles
The Colocation Database profiles 2,581 colocation sites in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Site profiles contain:
- Address and hyperlink to Google Maps
- Operator contact details
- Gross and usable floor space
- Megawatt capacity
- UPS redundancy levels and battery backup time
- Power Usage Effectiveness ratios
- Listings of bandwidth providers that offer connectivity to individual sites
- Directory of colocation sites by building with links to site profiles
- Listing of Internet Exchanges (IX) by building with links to IX profile pages
The Colocation Database incorporates concise analysis of global colocation market trends, based on the results of 909 site surveys compiled from retail colocation service providers in 2012. The market analysis includes the following:
- Comprehensive analysis of major retail operators focused on presence and capacity growth
- Discussion of power capacity, measures of power usage efficiency, and regional utility costs
- Extensive capacity analysis by metro area, including where capacity levels are most constrained and where retail operators are expanding their presence
- Individual Metro Areas in Focus—a subsection that highlights the network and colocation markets for 12 metro areas around the world
- Discussion of connectivity at colo facilities: carrier presence, Internet Exchanges, cloud computing service presence, and low-latency connectivity for financial trading
The Colocation Database now includes individual maps of 20 metro areas worldwide, depicting the street locations of colocation sites.
Intuitive database interface
The Colocation Database search interface makes it easy to navigate by location, colo service provider, or bandwidth provider. Hyperlinks within colo site profile pages link to other sites in the same building, to listings of other sites connected by a particular bandwidth provider, to profile pages for Internet Exchanges located in the same building, and to a Google Maps link showing the site location.
Colocation Database Interface