The Norwegian Post and Telecommunications Authority (NPT) has confirmed its intention to offer three vacant blocks of 1800MHz spectrum in an open multi-round auction scheduled for 26 January 2015. The frequencies went unsold during the regulator’s multi-band auction in December 2013.
The NPT’s preliminary schedule is as follows:
• 15 September 2014: draft auction rules circulated for comment
• 27 October 2014: deadline for filing hearing input
• 8 December 2014: publication of final auction rules and the opening of registration for participation in the auction
• 12 January 2015: deadline for registration as a participant in the auction
• 26 January 2015: auction starts.