UK-based Vodafone Group is planning to take full control of its Indian wireless arm by purchasing the stakes held by its local partners, the Economic Times writes, citing an unnamed source familiar with the development. Vodafone increased its stake in Vodafone India to 74% in 2011, then the maximum that could be held by a foreign company, and is now looking to purchase the remaining 26% following changes to foreign direct investment (FDI) rules in the telecoms sector. Vodafone’s Indian partners include Piramal Healthcare (11%) and Analjit Singh (around 6%).
Subscribe to CommsUpdate to get the day’s top telecom headlines delivered to your email.
Browse Past Issues
Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.
Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.
CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:
- International carriers
- Wholesale service providers
- Equipment and software vendors
- Telecom investors