Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has reached an agreement with the Tunisian government to acquire a further 15% stake in wireless operator Tunisiana for USD360 million, news portal Arabian Business reports. The purchase will increase Qtel’s holding in Tunisiana to 90%, whilst the Tunisian government will retain the remaining 10%. Qtel’s chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammad Bin Saud al-Thani was quoted as saying: ‘We are pleased to have been offered the opportunity to further increase our shareholding in Tunisiana…We also look forward to continuing our partnership with the Tunisian authorities as Tunisiana enters into a new phase of its development with the continuing expansion of 3G services and the launch of fixed line services in 2013.’
Subscribe to CommsUpdate to get the day’s top telecom headlines delivered to your email.
Browse Past Issues
Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.
Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.
CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:
- International carriers
- Wholesale service providers
- Equipment and software vendors
- Telecom investors