Reuters is reporting that British telecoms group Cable & Wireless (C&W) has made its GBP329 million (USD585 million) offer for Scottish fixed line and broadband provider Thus unconditional. C&W announced that by 29 September it had received acceptances for approximately 55.3% of Thus shares which, combined with its existing stake of 29.9%, brings its total holding to 85.2%; most institutional investors are understood to have accepted the offer, but a number of passive funds, which as a matter of policy do not accept offers until they are unconditional in all respects, are said to be still outstanding. C&W expects to pass 90% ownership once these funds accept the deal. C&W stated it will consolidate the results of Thus from 1 October, and it expected the Scottish operator’s listing to be cancelled by 30 October. The Glasgow-based group will be known as ‘Thus, a Cable & Wireless Business,’ following the purchase.
Subscribe to CommsUpdate to get the day’s top telecom headlines delivered to your email.
Filter CommsUpdate by the following categories or use the search.
Visit our help page information on performing advanced searches, including how to restrict the results by country or company.
CommsUpdate is an outstanding advertising venue for companies seeking to reach:
- International carriers
- Wholesale service providers
- Equipment and software vendors
- Telecom investors